Steps to Follow to Resolve a "Call Help - CE" (GPRS) Error
1. Check the top left hand of the terminal's screen to see how many reception bars are indicated. If you have one reception bar or less, connectivity will be limited.
2. Reboot the terminal by pressing HOME - CANCEL, then move the cursor, using the middle white button on the left side of the screen, onto YES and press ENTER. This will restore the connection if it was the result of a simple service connection issue.
3. Once the terminal reboots, it should display a request to "Press Enter to Perform a Key Exchange". If not, perform a Key Exchange by pressing the blue FUNCTION button, enter the number 93 and then press ENTER.
4. If the connection is still low or lost, check your regional coverage on the Rogers' wireless network site at http://www.rogers.com/web/content/wireless_network. Scroll to the Search bar and enter your postal code or click on the map to search for your location. If your location is included in a shaded area, you will be covered by the Rogers network.
5. If your location is not included in the shaded area, you have the option to upgrade to either a dial or IP based terminal. If you would like to upgrade, please contact our client care department at 1-877-785-1396 to request availability and costs.
6. If you are covered by the Rogers network but all troubleshooting steps have failed, take your terminal outside to see if that increases the connectivity, indicated by the amount of reception bars on the screen.
7. If the connection is not restored within a minute, go back inside and remove the SIM card. The SIM card can be found at the back of the terminal, inside a small rectangular cut-out, below the battery. Open the slot, remove the SIM card and write down the number on the front side of the card. It should start with an 8.
8. Once you have written down the number on the front side of the SIM card, please contact our client care department at 1-877-785-1396 and inform a help desk agent, who will then be able to further assist you.