There is presently a Canada-wide issue affecting all Hypercom terminals that is preventing some merchants from processing card transactions. On October 19, 2015 a security certificate that Hypercom terminals required to function expired. If you operate a Hypercom terminal, this issue may have affected you. This outage was not caused by Pivotal Payments or our direct service offering. Below are the steps you can take to resolve the terminal issue yourself without the need to contact Technical Support.
If your terminal is not working, Please follow the steps outlined below to process transactions via the telephone:
- Call 1-877-340-2639. NOTE: This only allows for sales, no refunds.
- Follow the prompts:
- Press 1 for English or 2 for French.
- When prompted to "Enter Access Code", enter the Terminal ID (this can be found on any receipt).
- Press 1 for a Sale.
- Enter Card #.
- Enter Expiry Date (be sure to enter in correct format MM/YY).
- Enter the amount.
- When the transaction is successful the system will indicate, "This transaction has been approved" and provide you with an Authorization Code.
The link below provides the full steps to resolve the Hypercom Security Certificate Error and download the update.
This document is in PDF format. If you have problems opening the file once it is downloaded, you require a PDF viewer. Install Adobe Reader for free: click here.
IMPORTANT: Because of the large number of merchants affected and capacity constraints with our partners, it is possible the resolution steps may not work the first time. If they fail, please try again or try performing the update during non-business hours. Thank you for your patience as we work diligently to provide all affected merchants with a timely and permanent solution to this Hypercom issue.